Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

We've got a crawler!

Ellie has been gettin' around for the past month or so, but mostly by scooting, rolling, pushing, etc. She has also crawled backward, pulls herself up, and has stood by herself for several seconds. However, today was the first day she crawled (forwards) by herself! It was also the first day she tasted dog food, which is actually what motivated her to crawl! I was getting dinner ready this morning (putting it in the crockpot), and I had put Ellie in the office to play. I glanced over every few seconds and at one point she had a funny look on her face. I ran over and stuck my finger in her mouth. She had a piece of dog food in there! I fished it out and she cried . . . I think she liked it! We don't leave food in our dogs' bowls because Pistol would eat all day long, so it must have been a stray piece she found on her own. Anyway, I fed the dogs shortly after and when she saw Wylie's bowl full of those tasty treats Mom had just taken from her, she was inspired to crawl! I didn't get the first one on video, but here she is with Kyle when he got home from work tonight.

P.S. If the video doesn't work, it is because I got a new Flip for Christmas and have no idea if I'm doing this right. If that is the case (and it wouldn't surprise me), I will try again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment