Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fun times!

After a few days of unpacking, resting, and getting everything back in order after our crazy trip, we were able to do some fun summertime activities. On Thursday, we went to eat lunch with Kyle and Ellie went to her first Gymboree class. There were 4 other girls about her age in the class. It was funny to see her with a group of kids her age. She actually acted kind of shy, but I think she'll loosen up if we keep going. Between lunch and the class we had some time to kill so Ellie threw all the pennies I had into the nasty fountain in the middle of the mall. I sure hope her wish comes true!

On Friday, we ate lunch with my mom and made a trip to Target (always fun for me!). Kyle came home early and we tried out Ellie's new pool and sprinkler she got for her birthday since it was approximately 96 degrees! She wasn't crazy about the cold water, and I don't blame her! She did eventually play in the sprinkler once we turned it down to about her height. I think those toys will just take some getting used to.

On Saturday, we went to Bricktown armed with gift cards burning a hole in our pockets. I had one to a cupcake place called Pinkitzel that was from my birthday and Kyle had one to Bass Pro from his birthday. We also had one to Bourbon Street Cafe so we had lunch there before getting some extremely yummy, yet overpriced cupcakes and candy at Pinkitzel. We walked through Bass Pro for a while and Ellie got a stuffed bass fish that we named Doc. She LOVES Kyle's fish that is mounted in our game room. EVERYTIME we walk through there she waves and even says "ish" really well. So, we thought she needed her very own "ish." As for the name, we were watching Tombstone last night and named him after Val Kilmer's character on the movie. Now when you say "Where's Doc?" Ellie shrugs her shoulders and then goes and finds her fish. So stinkin' cute! Anyway, after some snowcones to cool us down, we headed home from Bricktown.

Today we hung around the house doing boring things like cleaning, laundry, and mowing the yard. However, we took a break and went down to try out another one of Ellie's birthday gifts . . . her floatie for the pool! I didn't take my camera, but she loved swimming in the pool with all the kids, so I'm sure I will have lots of swimming pictures in the future.

Tomorrow we are planning on going to the library for the baby storytime. Not sure how she'll do, but I also need a new book to read so I think we'll try it out. I'm so glad she's to the age where we can start doing some fun things like gymboree and the library. Of course, I wish I could just freeze this age and keep her my baby at the same time. *Sigh*


Throwing pennies into the fountain.









Not too sure about her new pool . . .





Well, if daddy's doing it . . .


. . . it must be okay.



Napping in Bricktown



I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer. We're going to have so much fun!!















No comments:

Post a Comment