Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cold Snowy Weekend!

We did not leave the house much this weekend! In fact, Ellie and I only left once between Friday at 5:00 p.m. and now (Monday at 4:00 p.m.). On Friday, we played with every toy that Ellie owns. The gameroom was a mess, but we had fun!

On Saturday, we hung around the house for most of the day and then took Ellie to my mom's to play while we went to dinner and a movie. I do not want to mess with the crowds tomorrow night, so Kyle and I celebrated our Valentine's Day on Saturday!

On Sunday, we spent the day indoors playing, but also getting some stuff done around the house. We kept waiting for the snow to start and telling Ellie all about it. She fell asleep at 9:00 p.m. and the snow started at about 9:05 p.m.

However, she was excited about it this morning. We bundled up and went out to play in it. It took us longer to get dressed for playing in the snow than the amount of time we actually played in it! Ellie wasn't quite sure what to do, but didn't want to come in either! I finally got her in by telling her I had a surprise. I warmed up her milk and added a little Ovaltine and gave her some marshmallows on the side. This was her first time to have hot chocolate. When I asked her if she liked it, she said, "Umm-hmm. Pretty good!" She cracks me up!


This has nothing to do with playing in the snow, but something else she started saying today was "don't I?" She'd say, "I need to wear my gloves, don't I?" Or, "I need lotion on my hands, don't I?" She seriously learns/does/says something new everyday (and usually more than one new thing!). I love it!


Wearing her Elmo houseshoes Trying out her big girl panties (she lasted about 30 minutes before peeing in the kitchen floor)





Playing in the snow















"Hot chocolate" and marshmallows

"MOM! Seriously . . . get that thing out of my face!" Little does she know . . . this is just the beginning!



























No comments:

Post a Comment