Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gymnastics

About a month ago, Ellie started taking a gymnastics class.  She goes once a week for an hour.  Kyle and I have been switching off taking her.  She LOVES it!  I think it's really good for her because she is a very cautious little girl (which I like!), but it has encouraged her to try new things and take a few risks.  She still doesn't like the bars and won't go down the "swirly slide," but she will take a running dive into the huge foam pit.  That's her favorite part!

This was the second class.  She's about to jump into the little foam pit.


With her coach, Chelsie

In the BIG foam pit!

This was from the fourth class
 She is the only one in her group that listens very carefully when her coach explains what they will do at each station.  She sits on her mat and watches her every move!
 Doing back handsprings over the mailbox.  I had to chop myself out of these because I was giving everyone a show when I leaned over.  My mom was too interested in Ellie's gymnastics moves to notice I was flashing the whole gym!!


 Cartwheel
 "Ta-da!"


 She really like the rings!  I got in trouble the first time around because I apparently didn't listen well when Chelsie was giving instructions.  I didn't have her touch her toes to the rings.  Ellie corrected me the second time through. ;)



I'm so impressed that she can climb up the rock wall by herself.  Now if she would just come back down on the swirly slide!  It's most kids' favorite part, but it freaks her out!


She really likes the balance beam!

 She also likes climbing the rope.  She will actually come back down the green wavy slide.

Now we just have to get her a leotard.  She asked, "Mom, why aren't all the other girls wearing pants while they do gymnastics?" Good question.


No comments:

Post a Comment