Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 17, 2013

Ellie turns 3!

I can't believe my baby is 3 years old!  In my mind, she is officially a little girl now.  Not only can I tell by her age, but also the way she looks, talks, and acts.  I've been watching some videos from a year ago and can't believe how much she's changed.  At 3, she is already 1/6 of the way through her childhood.  I can't bear the thought of it!

Before I have an emotional breakdown, let me get to the party!

We had her party last Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese.  She had a blast, but absolutely despises direct attention.  This is generally a problem when it's your birthday party.  She didn't want for us to sing to her.  She wouldn't go up in front with the other birthday girls and dance with Chuck E. Cheese.  She wouldn't blow out her candles.  She wouldn't even open a single present.  But, it was her party and she cried when she wanted to.

My beautiful birthday girl!!






The cupcakes

 Playing Games





Eating Pizza



"Uh-oh.  People are looking at me."

 Opening presents

Ticket Blaster

She got the magic ticket!

After the party, everyone came back to our house and Ellie got her present from us:
A bounce house!





 Ellie and her friends ate hotdogs, played in the bounce house and on the swing set, and totally wore themselves out until she just couldn't hold her eyes open any longer.  It was a great day!

I'm so glad she had fun at her birthday party, because on Monday morning she woke up with a sore throat and fever.  It was supposed to be her birthday celebration at school, but she had to miss it.  The next day was her actual birthday, and we had promised her a picnic at the zoo.  Poor baby had to miss that, too.  After a trip to the doctor and some more rest on Wednesday and Thursday she is finally feeling better.  I'm so sad she had to be sick on her birthday, but we're going to make it up to her.  We're having that picnic at the zoo ASAP!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Elliott Rose!
We love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment