Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

Like most people, we have been busy getting ready for Christmas ... throwing parties, attending parties, wrapping gifts, putting up decorations, and taking care of a sick baby. Most people probably (hopefully) don't have to do that last one, but we did! Ellie was sick all last week. She had fever (getting up to 103 degrees at one point), vomiting, and a rash. We took her to the doctor twice. They thought she may have a UTI so they had to cath her to get a urine sample . . . not fun for Ellie or mom! They also swabbed her throat for strep . . . negative. They checked her ears and gums (for teething) . . . fine! Urine culture . . . great! After all that, it turned out to just be a virus. I have to admit, I probably overreacted a little to my baby's first sickness. ;)However, she is feeling much better now! Of course, we are still getting back into our routine. She hasn't been sleeping well since she was sick. Now, I shouldn't complain since she's been a wonderful sleeper since 2 months . . . but it's tough getting up in the middle of the night when you're not used to it!





We were putting cool rags on Elliott's head when she had a fever. I left her home with Kyle one night to go somewhere with my mom. Apparently, he couldn't get the towels to stay on her head so he came up with this contraption:Right after I took these pictures I realized she had a fever.






Ellie LOVES to play in my box of Christmas ribbon. I
have gotten most of my wrapping done with her right
there next to me. Of course, I spend an hour putting
it all back together, but she has so much fun!




Playing in all that ribbon wears her out!


With Nana at Kyle's office for his open house.




With Grandma



In her Christmas outfit that Nini got her.


Ellie has learned to clap her hands!
That is what she's doing in this picture.


On the move ...
She doesn't stay in one place for long these days!


With Santa!
I was nervous about taking her to get her
picture taken with Santa by myself. I figured there
would be long lines, she would cry, etc. But, it was easy!
She just sat up there like a big girl, and she even smiled!
Next year may be a different story . . .


Happy Holidays!












2 comments:

  1. Michelle and I were talking about little Elliott the other day! We just think she is so precious!! Makes me want to reach through the computer and grab her!!!
    Love the Santa pic!! She looks so sweet but that Santa on the other hand....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry she's been sick! I know that is so scary. She's a complete doll as always though. And I love the pic of her and your mom! I miss your mom! She looks great! Tell her I said hello!

    ReplyDelete