Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ellie's First Day of School (Mother's Day Out)

Today is Ellie's first day in "school." It's actually a Mother's Day Out program that she's starting.  She'll go on Mondays and Thursdays for 5 whole hours!!  She is very attached to me and she's also very shy around new people, so I've been talking about school all summer long.  She's known her teacher's name for months and has been excited about her new lunchbox and napmat.  I was a little worried for this morning . . . more about myself having a breakdown than Ellie, but a little nervous for us both.  She only slept about half as long as she usually does.  She was up at 6:45, which is totally unheard of with her.  And she didn't go to sleep last night until 12:30 a.m.!!  She hasn't been taking naps anymore for the past few months, but she will have a naptime at MDO.  I'm hoping that goes well.  Hopefully it will today since she didn't get much sleep last night.  Then, she only ate about 3 bites of breakfast.  She's used to snacking whenever she wants, so she'll probably be starving at lunch!  Okay.  I'll stop freaking out.  It's only 5 hours, right???

Plus, she did great when we dropped her off!  She walked into school carrying her lunchbox and put her things in her basket.  Then she went and found some baby dolls to play with since her crazy mom had her there 15 minutes early!  When we were about to leave, I went over and gave her a kiss.  She said, "Are you going now?" and her voice started to crack.  I told her I was and I'd be back to get her soon.  Kyle and I walked out and she was just feeding her babies!  I'm so glad!  I thought she might be holding onto me by my hair and screaming.  Geez!  I'm so crazy!  You'd think I was shipping her off somewhere for a month.

Anyway, she looked SO precious today and was in a great mood!
I'm so proud of my big girl!!










1 comment: