Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ellie's Earrings

 
Well, I finally talked Kyle into letting me get Ellie's ears pierced.  I really thought he might make us wait until she was 16!  We went to the mall and Ellie was all pumped up!  We put some numbing cream on her earlobes while we ate lunch.  Then we went to Claire's.  We about died when they told us how much it was going to cost . . . $60 to pierce a 2-year-old's ears!  Isn't that ridiculous?  I almost changed my mind, but Ellie was already too excited.  Claire's was out of permission forms so they sent us to Icing.  Ellie got up in the chair and was already deciding which color sucker she was going to get.  Then the lady wanted to put dots on her ears and she started to get nervous.  She let her put the dots on and then we decided that I should probably hold her.  She pierced the first one and Ellie cried, but let her do the second without jerking or freaking out in any way.  Having had my ears pierced a million times, I know it only hurts for a minute.  My biggest fear was that she'd start flailing around and we'd leave with only one ear pierced!
 
But, she did amazing!  She picked the earrings she wanted . . . little flowers.  Then she picked an orange sucker and we were on our way!  She looks so precious and she's very proud of her new earrings.
 
Getting up in the chair


Not too sure why this lady is touching her . . .

 Not too happy

 This is after we got home.  How cute are my kids???
 Mommy and Jackson
Just realized I haven't had a picture with him since we were in the hospital!

1 comment:

  1. Jenny,

    Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your own story of piercing your dd's ears.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears when you can care for them. She is adorable and looks like she feels very special with earrings.

    You were a smart mommy for doing it now and following mommy intuition. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having dd's ears pierced. If any moms are thinking about it, and want some more research on the topic, write me an e-mail.

    Angie

    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete