Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

All signs say GIRL!

My friend, Adie.
She is due to have her son, Connor Scott, on Dec. 29th!

Last night we had our monthly Bunco get together and a surprise baby shower for my friend Adie who is 7 months pregnant. We now have 3 pregnant Bunco girls. Haley Lafever just found out she is about 6 weeks along! With Hayley and Chelsie trying as well, it won't be long before we take over! Anyway, with 3 preggos and 4 girls who are already moms, the subject always turned to kids and babies (sorry to Sherri, Cassie, and Kristin!!). We were all talking about what I think I'm going to have, etc. and Haley showed me a new trick using my wedding ring. I'd heard of it, but never seen it done. She put my ring on a piece of yarn, had me rub it along the side of my hand, and hold the ring above my open palm. It didn't do anything for a minute, but then it slowly started moving in a circle, which means it's going to be a girl! When we did it on Adie, it swung back and forth, and since she already knows she's having a boy, we know it was right!


So, that got us started on something else I'd never heard of . . . the Chinese prediction chart. You type in your birthday and due date (or birthdate of the baby) and it predicts if you'll have a boy or a girl. To see how well it worked, we tried all of the girls who already have babies; Des (2 girls), Adie (one of each), Kelly (one girl), Katie (two boys), Haley (one boy). All 8 were right! So, when we tried it with me . . . it said girl! So, between the Chinese prediction chart, pencil test, ring test, and heart rate test, all signs point to girl!! Now watch it be a boy . . .


We have an appointment next Wednesday for a check up and we'll set the date for the ultrasound. It should be sometime before Christmas . . . and that's all I want this year!! I absolutely can't wait to find out! How do some people wait for the baby to be born?? Impossible.


Well, as I enter my second trimester (actually 15 weeks today), I still have never had morning sickness (woo hoo!). I'm still extremely tired and my belly is starting to poke out there a little. I can still wear all my clothes, I just can't button the top button of my pants! Thank goodness for those little elastic bands you can wear around the top of your pants! I bought my first maternity clothes last weekend. I did wear the jeans to work yesterday, although they are still a little big. I know it won't be long before I'll be complaining that they're too small! All in all, the pregnancy is going great! I can't wait to start feeling some movement . . . that should come soon. I also can't wait to start buying pink!!


This picture was taken on November 4th.

I'm about 14 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just stumbled across your blog! Congratulations!!! Having a baby is by far the best thing you will ever do!! You look great!! BTW--I am a BIG believer in the Chinese calendar! It was right for both of my girls and lots of my friends have used it too! I have never heard of it going wrong!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny- it's Aislinn! Congrats on your pregnancy- I see you and Kyle are doing great! I just love finding fellow friend bloggers- it's so much fun! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete