Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Looking forward to a better week

Well, it's been another crazy weather week here in Oklahoma. And if that's not enough, I've been sick for over a week! I'm so stopped up I can't breathe at all and I can't taste anything . . . and of course eating is what I look forward to right now, so that's a bummer! To top it all off, I received a call from Dr. Hager on Wednesday at school concerning our ultrasound from the day before. We had this second ultrasound because Dr. Hager noticed a little swelling in Elliott's kidney during our 20 week appointment. This time it looks as if that kidney is a little bigger and now the other kidney is a little swollen as well. To get a better look at it, I have to have a high resolution ultrasound in a few weeks. They will be looking to see if they can tell what's causing it . . . a blockage or something else. Dr. Hager said there is nothing I can do and nothing that can be done for Elliott until she is born. However, we will continually monitor her kidneys until she is born. Then she will probably need an ultrasound and some antibiotics when she arrives. Dr. Hager assured me that we will be able to take care of it better since we found it so early. Although, for a sick, emotional woman pregnant with her first child . . . this is not making things easier! Aside from her kidneys, everything else is looking good! Here are a few shots from Tuesday's ultrasound.


Here she is with her leg up over her head.
I showed this one to my 3rd graders.
They've predicted that she will be a gymnast. :)
This is the bottom of her little foot.

And a picture of her profile.


To keep myself busy on these snow days (and to keep
my mind busy, as well), I've been working on her room.
We have since hung these letters on her wall.
They are precious! I absolutely love them!



We painted her room pink last Sunday.
I've hung the curtains and gotten a few accessories.
I've got lots of ideas . . . now if only I could leave the
house to go shopping!
I am officially 26 weeks today! I can't wait to get
through February and on to warmer weather.
Plus, we'll get to see her in 3D in March.
Then my due date will be right around the corner.
Yay! I can't wait to meet you Elliott Rose Sevier.





2 comments:

  1. I love the letters and her room looks great! Very cute! The sono pics are also so sweet; she does look very flexible!

    I'm so sorry about her little kidneys. I can understand how worried you guys must be. I will pray for her! She is safe and sound with her mommy right now though which is good! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll be thinking about miss elliot cooking in the belly and praying for simple fixes!! you just keep cooking!!
    i feel ya on the sickness....it's one thing to be all stopped up and normal but being PG and not tasting! what!! hope you feel better soon.
    and we LOVE the room!! her lil' letters are precious and her US pics are adorable as well

    ReplyDelete