Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

So far this year . . .

For it to only be the 11th day of January, I feel like we've done a lot! We started out the new year by heading to Texas for the Cotton Bowl. We stopped in Frisco the night before to have dinner with our friends Danny, Toni, Jonathan, and Lauren. The next day we headed to Dallas Stadium (which is amazing)! Kyle has been to a Dallas game this season, but the was my first time to attend . . . I have to say it's pretty awesome! Even though our Cowboys lost, we had a great time!

Right before we left, our baby furniture came in! My mom and nini bought it for me for Christmas. I was so excited to get it all put together and set up in Elliott's room. By the way, we have officially decided on her name . . . Elliott Rose Sevier. Kyle (and Wylie) got it all put together and I love it!! It fits perfectly and will look great with the bedding I've picked out (but have yet to order . . . getting to that this weekend).

We've also already used up a "snow day" at school, which is in quotation marks because there was no snow! Our electricity was out for about 10 hours between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning. It was apparently out at school as well because I got a call at 5:30 a.m. to let me know that school was cancelled. I have to admit that it was nice to lay around and stay warm since wind chills reached -10 degrees (and -15 degrees on Friday)! However, I'm not happy about the three day weekend we've now lost! This has been one crazy winter so far, and it's really just started.

Another update: my belly is getting big (see pic below)!! Elliott is growing and getting stronger everyday! Kyle finally felt her move quite a bit this last weekend. This morning, little girl woke me up at 4:00 a.m. having a full out dance party in the womb! I laid there until 5:20 feeling her kick consistenly (and maybe hiccup . . . not sure, that was a first). I finally gave up and got up getting my workout done before school . . . if you can call it a workout. It was part of my new year's resolution to start walking on the treadmill. I have a doctor appt. tomorrow and I'm deathly afraid that Dr. Hager's going to yell at me! In my defense, it's hard being pregnant through the holidays! Everyone else gets to party during Christmas, New Year's Eve, Bowl Games, play-offs, etc. Since I can't do that, I choose to eat . . . a lot! But, it is the first time I haven't been on a diet in January since I was about 14, so that's nice. :)

All in all, it has been a great start to the year. I look forward to the year of 2010 when my baby girl will be here! I can't wait to meet her! It's so scary and exciting at the same time! Here's to a great year ahead!!

Walking into the game.

The Stadium

We had great seats 16 rows up on the 20 yard line.
Too bad we didn't get much action on our end!


A picture of the biggest HDTV on earth . . .
let me repeat . . .
a TV that's 60 yards long!
Kyle said that a lot while we were there. :)


Kyle and Wylie putting the crib together.

The crib, glider, and ottoman

The dresser


Belly at 22 weeks
(Please ignore my lovely pjs!)
























3 comments:

  1. a - your belly is TOO cute!! you look amazing!!

    b- i've gained with each visit and yet to get a swift kick in the pants or a stern eye! ahhah

    c - how wonderful is your furniture...definitely makes it real

    d - love love love the name...just precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name too! Elliott Rose, so sweet and original. And I agree with cara, you look great! At 22 weeks I was getting asked if I was expecting twins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strange--I left a comment a long time ago but it didn't show up! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely LOVE the name Elliott Rose! It's so cute and it just has a great little ring to it! So Sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete