Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I thought this was a baby shower . . . not a baby blizzard!

Last Saturday I had my first baby shower! I've been looking forward to this for so long! Not just because of the gifts (although I've never seen so many cute things for a baby girl in one place), but just because it means that it is getting very close! All week I was on spring break and the weather was so nice. I cleaned house on Friday with the windows up. There was sunshine and a nice breeze . . . temperatures in the mid 70s. However, the first picture below is what I woke up to at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Now, we did know that these "blizzard-like conditions" were on their way, but I was hoping it would be like the last 3 storms the weathermen have predicted and miss us altogether. But, as luck would have it, it snowed all. day. long. Not only did it snow, but we had 50 mph winds and it was FREEZING. I stressed out and I cried and I whined, etc, etc. But, in the end my shower was perfect! I should have known it would be, but you know how crazy pregnant women can get! Desiree, Hayley, Sherri, and Adie hosted my shower. We had an awesome turnout for the weather, and Elliott is now stocked up on diapers, wipes, onesies, pacifiers, and lots of other cool things. I'm not exaggerating . . . this little girl has more clothes than her mommy (and I have A LOT of clothes!). Thank you to everyone that attended! We missed those of you that couldn't, but of course, we completely understand! Here are some pics from this memorable day!


The weather from my window on the morning
of the shower.

Me and My MomGrandma Rita, Cousin Sadie, and Aunt Des

My Hostesses
They did a wonderful job!



Chelsie, Kelly, Me, and Tiffany


"Born to be an OSU Fan"
Aunt Tammy set Elliott up for game day!



It seriously looks like I have a basketball under my shirt!

All of my girls that braved the blizzard!
Not Pictured: Kara and Jessica (We tried to do this
before they left, but try getting 14 girls
together for a picture!)



Kyle came to load up all our goodies!

It amazes me that a tiny little baby
requires this much. Where on earth is
all this going to go?









































2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I missed out! I hat driving in that weather with Kade. :(:( I hope to see you before Elliot gets here!!! You look beautiful! I can't wait to see that baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun and miss elliot got tons of loot!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete