Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

5 months

Elliott turned 5 months old today! This has been the month with the most new discoveries and accomplishments so far. We don't have a 5 month appointment with Dr. Moore so I measured Elliott myself. She weighs approximately 16 pounds (we don't have the greatest scales) and is about 25 inches long. If this is true, she actually grew longer and gained less weight than previous months. She does seem taller to us, so maybe that's true!

Here are some facts about Elliott at 5 months:



-She wears 3-6 months and some 6 months clothes. She wears size 2 diapers.



-She's learned to pull her bows off!



-She loves her exersaucers! She has learned how to spin completely in a circle and she can maneuver all of the toys on them.



-She covers her right eye with her right hand when she's sleepy (see first picture).



-She is interested in watching other kids play.



-She loves Pistol and Wylie and recognizes them by name. When I ask her where they are she looks down at the ground. She also looks toward the doggie door when she hears them come in or go out. She also like to pet, poke, and slap them. Pistol doesn't usually hang around for long, but Wylie will let her do whatever she wants.



-She hates driving in the car. She doesn't mind being in her carseat if she's in the stroller or a shopping cart, but the minute we start driving she gets unhappy. I think this will get better when she gets a front facing carseat.



-She's gotten into a good routine. She goes to sleep between 8:30-9:00 p.m. and wakes up between 7:30-8:00 a.m. She might wake up once or twice in the night, but she just needs her pacifier and goes right back to sleep. She eats breakfast, watches Dora or Diego while mom eats breakfast, and usually goes back to sleep around 10 a.m. She has her baby food around 11 and again about 5. She has a bottle between that and around 8 before before bedtime. She's on a great schedule!



-She does not care for rice cereal or oatmeal, but loves her baby food! She's tried all 5 fruits and all 5 vegetables in the first foods, and she likes them all! She definitely prefers banans, apples, and pears from the fruits, and peas, squash, and carrots from the veggies. However, she eats them all! So glad . . . I was, I mean, AM a picky eater. So, I hope she takes after her dad and likes lots of different foods.



-She loves to be outside, but seems to get heat rashes and allergies easily. She's been sick with a runny nose, cough, and sneezing all week.



-She loves for me to sing "Tony Chestnut" to her and has gotten where she knows when I'm going to touch her toes and nose!



-She still loves taking baths and now likeS to splash and play/reach for toys, the cup, the washcloth, etc. in the tub. I still put her tub in the kitchen sink because it's much easier on my back, but the counters, floor, and myself are soaked after her bath!



-She can sit supported for a long time and unsupported for a short time. She's getting better at sitting on her own everyday!



-She drinks small amounts of water from a cup and a sippy cup. She actually seems to prefer a regular cup and gets more in her mouth than on her shirt . . . SURPRISE!



-She is loved and adored by her mom and dad and all of her family. Her smile brightens my day and puts a smile on my face no matter how I may be feeling at that moment. She amazes me everyday! I never knew how much joy, excitement, and love a baby could bring, but I do now!





Here are some pics of our 5 month old:

Lil' Cowpoke!





Sleeping in dad's arms...
That hand had been over her eye until she fell asleep.




Sitting up by herself!




Looking at her picture album



Like I said, she wasn't feeling good this week.
She's usually all smiles, but she REFUSED to smile
for me for her "5 month pics."
Oh, well. She's still so stinkin' cute!









She loves to play with the pool balls!







I don't know what she was doing here, but
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!



































































2 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful!! Makes me want to have another one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is just such a cutie! i love all her pics!! and she sounds like she is getting way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete