Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Elliott's First Birthday!!!

Yesterday was Elliott's first birthday! I'll go ahead and get this out of the way: how is it possible?!? How is it possible that my sweet little infant has grown into this energetic toddler? How is it possible that 365 days have passed since the day she was born? How is it that I've been a mom for 1 year and 1 day? I just can't believe it!

Now onto the good stuff: the party! Of course, I've been planning this party since January. You know . . . coming up with the idea, picking invitations/theme/colors, buying anything that related to ice cream cones or sundaes (the theme I decided on 4 months ago), etc. It seemed nuts to Kyle, but really paid off in the end. The party turned out very cute. Just how I pictured my first baby's first birthday. All of our family and a lot of our friends were there. Ellie looked precious, as always! We had lots of snacks, cake, and ice cream sundaes, of course! Ellie got some super cute clothes and lots of fun toys to play with. We were all exhausted last night, but it was the good kind . . . the kind of tired you feel because you've had so much fun!


Grandma let Ellie open an early birthday present so

the girls would have something to play with while we decorated.

Ellie wanted to stand on the box and play with the bow!

These were her ice cream cone birthday pajamas-
a present from Aunt Des.



Birthday Breakfast!




Ice cream sundae toppings






Ice cream sundae bar (on an actual bar . . . )



Decorations



The centerpieces I made (for about a dollar apiece!)



The cakes and cupcakes, which I am proud to say I made!














The cute plates that Aunt Des found


Treat bags filled with an ice cream cone popper toy (like the

kind from when I was a kid), ice cream cone shaped and scented

bubbles, and ice cream cone shaped candies!



The banners:

The bottom one has a picture of Ellie each month from

newborn to 1 year on a dip of ice cream.

Another personal creation.



The birthday girl's chair



The reason for the celebration:

Miss Elliott Rose






Can't wait to open presents!



Craft time! The kids poured colored sand through

funnels into (what else?) plastice ice cream cone necklaces.

Very cute, fun, and easy!!








Smash cake!

Ellie was an ol' pro at this. She did it last week for

her one year pictures. However, this was her first

taste of chocolate. . . a moment to remember!









All the kids! Talk about a difficult task . . . this was the best

pic I got. From left to right: Sadie, Alex, Ellie, Jaiden,

Jasmine, Haven, and the lone boy, Jett.


Time for presents! I actually opened them all, but

Ellie would check in every once in a while to see what she was getting.






A nice swing with cousin Sadie after a long, fun day!


Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet baby girl!

I love you so much.




P.S. If anyone knows why my captions keep double spacing themselves,

Please! Let me know!

























































No comments:

Post a Comment