Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Conversation with my 19-month-old

Ellie has begun speaking in 4 and 5 word sentences now and it is cracking me up! I love to hear her talk, and she says things so clearly. Even strangers can understand what she's saying. Last night, we had a full conversation that went something like this:

Ellie: "My soccer ball?"

Mom: "It's in the gameroom in the pink basket."

Ellie: "I'll find it."

*She ran into the gameroom and soon returned.

Ellie: "More bright in here! More bright in here! No lights!"

Mom: "Is it too dark?"

*I got up and went to turn on the lights.

Ellie: (holding her hands up in annoyance) "No lights."

Mom: "Your ball is over there in that basket."

Ellie: "I'll get it."

In one way, I'm kind of sad that my little baby is growing up, but in another, it's so much fun to be able to communicate with her. She is so funny! She already gets sarcasm, teasing, and joking (which is a good thing in this family), but she's so sweet at the same time. I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment