Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

We made our annual trip to Las Vegas, New Mexico for the Sevier family reunion this Memorial Day.  We stopped halfway in Amarillo on Friday and stayed in a hotel with a pool.  Ellie was so excited about swimming and I thought we would have a great time!  (Similar to what I thought about the bounce house at her birthday party.) But, no . . . she wouldn't get in the pool with me.  She did get in the lukewarm hot tub, but that was it.


"Swimming"





We headed to New Mexico the next day.  She did great on the trip (8 hours total) like she always does.  Kyle's mom got me some DVD players for my car for Christmas and I watched enough Dora episodes to last me a lifetime!

Once we got there, there were lots of little girls to play with!  Ellie had so much fun playing with Lacy, Molly, Lily, and Ansley.  As usual, it was beautiful up in the mountains.
 She finally got her fingers to cooperate.  She's saying, "I'm 2 years old."
 Beautiful sunset
 Playing with the girls
 Beautiful deer right on the side of the mountain.  They didn't even seem scared of us.  In fact, the walked toward the car a few times!
 Silly girl posing for the camera!

 Ellie and her great-grandma, Granny Jean
 Ellie and Mommy
I didn't take nearly enough pictures this year, but we had a great time!  We came straight home, and Ellie did better on the trip than I did!  An 8 hours trip for a momma that's almost 7 months pregnant is not very comfortable.  But, we made it!  Hope everyone else had a fun, safe Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment