Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Nursery

I think it's safe to say that the nursery is finished! There were a few things I was waiting for (the bookshelf, the frames to the left of the dresser, and my favorite . . . the chandelier!). It looks awesome! Now we just need a baby!

I had a doctor's appt. today. I now begin going every week! We're definitely in the home stretch. Our last childbirth class is tomorrow and we get to tour the maternity ward. Our childcare and breastfeeding class is next week. This Saturday, Kyle's work is throwing us a "Dads, Diapers, and Divas" baby shower. There are 3 Edward Jones guys whose wives are pregnant. We're all due within a few weeks of eachother, and we're all having girls! So, that should be fun! I've started packing my bag (and Elliott's, too). Since I'm not sure if she's going to be able to fit in the original "Coming Home Outfit" I'd picked out (it's quite small, and she could be quite large), I'm bringing some backups.

Dr. Hager measured me today and said I'm perfect . . . right on track. So, why is it that everyone must say, "Wow! You're getting really big!" everytime they see me? I'm certain that every pregnant woman experiences this, and I didn't mind at first, but now it's just kind of annoying. I know I'm big . . . I have to look at myself everyday. I waddle, get short of breath when I read aloud to my class, have a chair in front of my smart board, can't wear my wedding ring, have outgrown some of my maternity clothes, can't bend over, can't sleep through the night without going to the bathroom at least twice and switching sides with my body pillow at least 3 times . . . you get the point! I know I'm big! And I'm going to enjoy the last few weeks of food freedom because I'm starting Weight Watchers as soon as I can. Whew! That felt good.

Now, here are some pics of the nursery!

The chandelier







I'm very proud of this sign! It was an old, crappy
looking laundry room sign I bought at Ross. But, a little
wood putty, paint, and a quote I bought at Kohl's
was all it needed!







No comments:

Post a Comment