Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

My First (unofficial) Mother's Day

Well, I just knew that Elliott would make it here before Mother's Day, but that was not the case. She is one stubborn baby! We have done everything possible to get things going, but she isn't having it! Although, I keep telling myself that she just loves me so much she wants to stay put! I've been dilated 3 cm and 90 % effaced since last Monday. We made a trip to the hospital on Thursday night after an hour and a half of contractions (5 minutes apart and each lasting 1 minute). After 5 hours and no progression we returned home. So, now that I'm officially off work, I'm just sitting around waiting for this little diva to get here!

Even though she's not officially here yet, I celebrated my first Mother's Day. I mean, technically I've been taking care of her for the last 9 months, so that should count for something! Kyle surprised me with a really sweet card and a beautiful ring. The ring has alternating diamonds and emeralds. (Elliott's birthstone will be emeralds and Kyle's is diamonds.) It's perfect! I absolutely love it! Plus, I can't wear my wedding ring right now and this one fits my ring finger perfectly!

Then we went to lunch at Zio's with Kyle's parents, Des, Mike, and the girls. I got to pick the restaurant in honor of my first Mother's Day! Then, we went to my mom's house for the evening. It was a great day! The only way it could've been better is if my water would've broken (AFTER I finished my tortellini at Zio's, of course!). Here are a few pics from our day:

3 generations . . . awaiting a 4th! Mom and Dad . . . waiting patiently.

My Mother's Day gift-
Thank you to my wonderful husband!!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking about you on mother's day wondering if she had arrived yet...and yes i think you can call it officially mothers day! haha!
    can't wait to see her

    ReplyDelete