Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

She's here!

Elliott Rose Sevier is here! We are so excited, in love, and head-over-heels crazy about this little girl! She is absolutely perfect . . . and I'm not just saying that because she's mine . . . really!

So, this is how it all happened:

On Friday morning my water broke at about 7:25 a.m. We got all our stuff together and headed to the hospital. We arrived around 8:15 a.m. After the nurse checked to make sure my water had broken, they took me to the delivery floor. I was having some pretty good contractions (and by "good," I mean painful), so I got my epidural about 10:00 a.m. I dilated about 1 cm an hour and everything was going great! Once I was dilated to 10 cm, Dr. Hager had me begin the process of pushing. To make a long story short, an hour and a half later there was no progress. Dr. Hager decided that Elliott was just too big and suggested having a c-section. I was exhausted and a little disappointed, but otherwise okay with the decision. We went straight in and I saw her for the first time about 30 minutes later! She weighed 9 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long! No wonder she wasn't budging! She was born at 6:47 p.m. on May 14, 2010. She had over 20 people waiting for her in the waiting room! They wheeled us to our room where Elliott got her first bath and I nursed her for the first time. After that, it was like a party in our room. I'm a little hazy about that first night thanks to a couple of doses of morphine, but I know that Elliott was very popular!

We were in the hospital for 3 nights and came home last Monday. She has been an absolute joy! She is good and awake for an hour or two in the morning and then again at night. She opens her eyes and follows movement really well already. She is also very strong! She can raise her head up really well (although putting it back down is another story)! She's nursing well and gained 5 ounces in 2 days! Her pediatrician, Dr. Moore, was very impressed. He will see her again next week and predicts that she will be back to her birth weight. We've scheduled an ultrasound to look at her kidneys once more, although I think everything will be fine.

Once again, she's perfect and we feel so blessed to have her in our lives. She is very loved by her mom, dad, and lots and lots of family and friends. Thanks to everyone for the gifts, cards, and well wishes for our sweet baby girl!
Bulleted List

On the way to the hospital

So excited that the day is finally here!


9 pounds 1 ounce! That's a big baby!
Look at those rolls down her legs!


Our first family photo


Elliott's first bath







At her new home


Happy baby



Future Cowboy!




These are her newborn pics from the hospital.
You can see them all at www.our365.com.































































1 comment:

  1. here's to big babies!! and welcome to the "c" club!! sheesh!!
    she is absolutely adorable!! kyle looks very cute in his pic on the way to the hospital too - proud pappa!
    can't wait to see her grow! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete