Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Big Girl Room!

Ellie has officially moved up to her big girl bed! We bought her furniture used and it was hideous! It was pink, all scratched up, covered in crayon and marker, and missing knobs. But it was nice and heavy and made of solid wood, so we bought it. My husband is very handy and I knew he could make it look new . . . and he did! Ellie loves it and says, "Big girl room" when she goes in there. She slept in her bed last night and did great! I set my alarm for every 2 hours to go and check on her because she is a wild sleeper. Once, she had turned sideways and had her feet on the wall. If I didn't think I'd wake her, I'd have taken her picture.

She is really liking to get up there and read books. She read some books to her doll, Lily, this afternoon. And, of course, she like to jump on it!

Now we've moved her furniture into the extra bedroom which will be a nursery as soon as we know what Baby #2 is going to be . . . find that out 3 weeks from today and we can't wait to know!


Dad and Ellie resting after getting everything moved in and set up She was saying "Hooray!"
Her new bed and night stand




New curtains and chest of drawers



New dresser and mirror (please ignore all the sticky handprints on the mirror. We just put it in there . . . how has she done that much damage?????)



Ellie and Lily reading "Goodnight Moon"



This is very bittersweet for me . . . it was fun to get to redecorate and add some fun colors to her room, and I'm anxious to get started on the nursery, but it just seems too soon. I feel like we just brought her home! I felt like she would be in that crib forever! I know this won't be the first time I feel like this, but it's still hard. My girl's growing up!

















No comments:

Post a Comment